All liquor licenses and permits are subject to approval by the Converse County Commissioners and are subject to Title 12 of Wyoming State Law.
- Retail Liquor License: $1,250.00 - availability based upon population
- County Malt Beverage Permit - $500.00 - some restrictions
- Limited Retail "Club" License:$500 - unlimited available
- Restaurant License: $1,250.00 - unlimited available
- Microbrewery and/or Winery Permit: $500 - unlimited available
- Transfer of Ownership or Location (when allowed): $100
24-Hour Liquor Permits
Please be aware that 24-hour permits, including out-of-jurisdiction events, must be approved by the Board of County Commissioners and therefore must be submitted in a timely manner. To determine if a one day liquor permit is needed, answer these questions:
- Is there a fee to attend the event? (e.g. cover charge, ticket sale, per plate fee)
- Is there an inducement to attend the event? (e.g. "free drink with purchase of a ticket")
- Does the applicant benefit in any way from the sale of the alcohol? (e.g. donations or patronage)
- Did you as the applicant purchase the alcohol? (e.g. wedding party, family reunion)
If you answered YES to any of the following questions, you are required per W.S. 12-1-101(a)(xvi) to obtain a temporary 24-hour liquor permit, such as a 24-Hour Catering Permit or a 24-Hour Malt Beverage Permit. The type of permit depends on the type of alcohol to be served, the type of event, whether a liquor license is already held by the applicant, and other factors. Please contact the County Clerk for more information.