I am working in WY temporarily, what do I need to be legal?

You can either pay for a temporary worker permit, or pay the annual registration fee for Wyoming license plates. Depending on how long you will be working in Wyoming and the type of vehicle you drive, sometimes paying for one year of registration fees and receiving license plates can be cheaper than a temporary worker permit, even if you won't be here for the entire year. If you choose to do this, you do not have to surrender your out-of-state plates.

Get an estimate on registration fees, or read more information on temporary worker permits, including who is exempt.

Show All Answers

1. I'm out of town/state, how can I renew my license plates?
2. Can I renew my registration early?
3. Is there a penalty if I renew my registration late?
4. I haven't used my vehicle in awhile and now I want to update the registration, how does that work?
5. Can I renew my registration here if I live in a different county?
6. How do I get a Wyoming title?
7. How long can I drive on a title?
8. How long can I drive on a bill of sale?
9. Can I get plates for my new vehicle in the Glenrock office?
10. My sticker(s) got lost/destroyed! Can I get another set?
11. I lost a plate! Can I get a replacement?
12. Can I get a credit back? I'm moving out of state/selling/junking my vehicle and the tags are still current.
13. I just moved here from out-of-state. What do I need to do to get WY plates?
14. I am working in WY temporarily, what do I need to be legal?
15. I purchased a vehicle, is my paperwork in? When can I come in to pay sales tax and plate it?
16. What do I need to bring in to plate my new vehicle?
17. Can plate numbers be transferred to someone else?
18. I bought a vehicle, how much is everything going to cost?
19. I bought a vehicle from an out-of-state dealer and they didn't give me a 60-day temporary, can I still drive it?
20. I bought a vehicle but can't or don't want to plate it yet (no title, saving money, missing paperwork, etc). How can I legally drive it?